First created in 1870 by Yataro Iwasaki, Mitsubishi started out as a shipping firm. Created through family connections, Yataro’s brother, son and nephew worked to expand the business into a multitude of new fields. After the second world war, the original company was disbanded and transformed into the current independent companies.
The History Of Mitsubishi Electrics
Mitsubishi Electric is one of the world’s leading brands specialising in heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems for both residential and commercial use. Mitsubishi as a whole pride itself on producing energy-efficient air conditioners to the highest standard, offering their services and maintenance worldwide. The company invested in coal mining and the aircraft industry, before establishing Mitsubishi Electric’s name in 1921. That same year, Mitsubishi Electrics produced its first mass-production of electrical desk fan.
The Mitsubishi Name
The name “Mitsubishi” refers to the three-diamond emblem the founders used for their company logo. “Mitsubishi” is a combination of the words mitsu and hishi. Mitsu means three. Hishi means water chestnut.
2001 marked the 80th year since Mitsubishi Electric was founded. It was also the year they decided to adopt “Changes for the Better” for their company statement. This positive slogan expresses the company’s commitment to constant improvement over the years.
In the 1870s, a shipping company named Tsukumo Shokai was used as the precursor of Mitsubishi. Shokai used a triangular water chestnut as its ships’ flags. This is where the modern-day, three-diamond Mitsubishi icon originated. It is also linked to the three-layer chestnut family crest of Yataro Iwasaki, founder of Tsukumo Shokai, and the three-leaved oak family crest of the Yamanouchi family, from the Tosa Clan.
The Best Mitsubishi Air Conditioning Systems
If you’re considering purchasing an air-con system, whether that be for your home or new work venture, it’s important to first get the one fit for purpose, but also choose a brand you know you can rely on. Let’s take a look at the best Air Con systems Mitsubishi has to offer.
M Series: Crafted with the intent to cool or heat small to medium-sized spaces. This can include retail units, small offices and homes. The M Series splits range offers a versatile, yet affordable air conditioning solution and is also available in a wall or floor-mounted function.
- Mr Slim: Typically used to cool or heat a variety of applications such as offices and retail units, this unit is now also available utilising low GWP R32 refrigerant.
- Multi – splits: Mitsubishi Multi-Split systems allow connections of between two and eleven indoor units to a single outdoor unit. This allows you to create a system that best matches a building’s specific layout or design.
- City Multi VRF: Offering the best fit for medium to large buildings which are in need of high performance, the City Multi VRF range can run numerous indoor units connected to one outdoor unit.
- City Multi HVR: City Multi Hybrid VRF has been designed with a 2-pipe heat recovery VRF with water between the Hybrid Branch Controller (HBC) and indoor units. You can install and design it as VRF whilst enjoying the features of a Chiller system.
Mitsubishi Control Options
- Centralised controllers: Work to monitor and control your equipment efficiently. Some of the centralised controllers available can also be used to monitor and control third-party equipment.
- Remote controllers: With a variety of remotes available, you are able to support the general control and monitoring functions for a group of indoor units, whilst each one also offers other unique features.
- Solution Interface: These include new sector-specific products such as our RMI Interfaces.
- Simple And Advanced Interfaces: A large selection of interfaces are accessible to allow third-party equipment monitor and control access. Some interfaces are also available to monitor and control third-party equipment from our centralised controllers.
- BEMS Interfaces: Each interface type, whilst being able to support the general control and monitoring functions of a unit can also offer more unique operational features.
The Benefits Of Mitsubishi
Greater flexibility and choice: If you are looking for a flexible heating and cooling option, Mitsubishi Electric is the ideal investment. This well-known brand offers a wide choice of high-tech Air Conditioning systems to choose from, ensuring there is something for everyone.
Money-saving solutions: When purchasing a system from Mitsubishi you can save money in multiple ways. Their modern and high spec systems offer an extreme degree of reliability over the full lifecycle with very limited maintenance. In addition, they are designed to be extremely energy-efficient, which means money is being saved on running costs.
Versatile systems: With a range of units on the market, you can choose to heat and cool different areas in the building at the same time. You can also opt to integrate a hot water system or link it to renewable energy sources.
Quick and simple installation: Mitsubishi AC systems are fast and convenient to install with most engineers and AC specialists available to do so.
A greener solution: With their systems designed to be energy-efficient, Mitsubishi makes it so that you can reduce your carbon footprint from the outset. This then offers you a chance to help out the environment as well as limit operating costs.
The Mitsubishi Electric company produces AC’s of superior quality, with a reputation that continues to impress their customers across the globe. This brand is one you can rely on and has a great history of providing quality, convenience, function and reliability. If you’re looking to invest in Mitsubishi Air Conditioning units, contact our team and receive all the help you need! Give us a call on 0800 949 9070 or visit our Mitsubishi Air Conditioning page for more information.